Coralaxy is a young, innovative and sustainable aquaculture company based in Bentwisch near the Hanseatic City of Rostock. We exclusively sell aquacultured ornamentals for the reef hobby. The contentment of our customers and business partners is our highest priority. One thing is especially important to us: transparency and honesty!
If the products and services of Coralaxy do not meet your expectations or wishes, please let us know so that we can find a solution together.
As the "goods" sold by Coralaxy are mainly living animals, we would also like to point out that when kept by humans, they are subject to our personal protection and responsibility. Therefore please always act to the best of your knowledge and belief for the welfare of the animals.
In the following you will find our general terms and conditions. If you still have questions after reading our terms and conditions, you are welcome to contact us at any time. Use our contact form or the contact data in the imprint.
Standard Terms and Conditions Coralaxy
Status July 2020
§1 Basic Conditions
(1) The following terms and conditions apply to contracts that you conclude with us as the provider (Coralaxy GmbH) via the Homepgae www.coralaxy.de. Unless otherwise agreed, we object to the inclusion of any terms and conditions of your own that you may use.
(2) A consumer in the sense of the following regulations is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that cannot be predominantly attributed to his commercial or self-employed professional activity. An entrepreneur is any natural or legal person or a partnership with legal capacity who, when concluding a legal transaction, acts in the exercise of their independent professional or commercial activity.
(3) The Coralaxy product range is only available to you if you have already reached the age of 18.
(4) For your orders in our online shop, the Standard Terms and Conditions listed here always apply in their current version at the time of the order. If you do not agree with our Standard Terms and Conditions, no contract will be concluded.
§2 Formation of contract
(1) The products presented by us in the online shop represent a non-binding invitation to the customer to submit a contract offer.
(2) If the articles selected by you are living animals, you have the obligation according to §2 of the Animal Protection Act (TierSchG) to inform yourself in detail about their needs, specific nutritional and care requirements as well as their behavioral accommodation before ordering. You can use the species-related care information provided at www.coralaxy.de or contact us directly. An order should only be placed if you can meet all the requirements for species-appropriate animal husbandry.
(3) The goods intended for purchase are placed in the "shopping basket". You can access the "shopping cart" via the corresponding button in the navigation bar and make changes there at any time. After calling up the "Checkout" page and entering your personal data as well as the payment and shipping conditions, all order data is finally displayed again on the order overview page. If you use an instant payment system (e.g. PayPal, Sofort) as your payment method, you will either be taken to the order overview page in our online shop or you will first be redirected to the website of the provider of the instant payment system. If you are redirected to the respective Instant Payment system, please make the appropriate selection or enter your data there. Finally, you will be redirected back to our online shop to the order overview page. Before submitting your order, you have the opportunity to check and change all details again (also using the "back" function of your Internet browser) or to cancel the purchase. Only when you use the button "Buy", the selected item will be ordered with costs and a purchase offer will be made according to §145 BGB.
(4) As soon as we have received your purchase offer, an e-mail will be sent to you confirming that we have received your order. This is done within 5 working days. A working day is any calendar day that is not Sunday or a national public holiday. The order confirmation in text form represents a legal acceptance of the purchase offer on our part.
(5) We deliver to the address you have specified. If the goods ordered by you are live animals, the following conditions apply:
- Dates and delivery times will be agreed before the animals are shipped
- Combined shipping of live animals and other goods is not always logistically possible and may be separated
- We ship live animals exclusively with the transport company GO! or UPS Express which are certified for live animal transports, whereby the transport conditions and circumstances are always in accordance with the contents of Regulation EC No. 1/2005, the Animal Welfare Transport Regulation (TierSchTrV) as well as the current version of the IATA Live Animals Regulations (IATA LAR)
- The shipping of animals is limited to the working days Monday to Thursday (EU-Shipping: Monday - Wednesday); the respective shipping day must always be followed by a working day; exceptions must be individually agreed with us in advance
- Live animals are only shipped if weather conditions permit and the outside temperature is not below -2°C or above +30°C. The decision about the feasibility of carrying out a transport of animals is solely up to the employees of Coralaxy
- We only ship animals that are in a healthy condition on the day of shipment. The assessment of the suitability for shipping is carried out to the best of the knowledge and belief of the employees of Coralaxy. For animals with a sex choice option, we try to comply with wishes, but give no guarantee for the fulfillment of this option.
- You agree to ensure that the personal delivery of the goods is possible at the delivery address given by you and on the delivery date agreed with you. Should this not be the case, you will be in default of acceptance (§ 239 ff. BGB). If, as a result of a delay in acceptance, the animals are not delivered, you bear sole responsibility and all associated costs. Furthermore, your claims for defects with regard to the live arrival of the animals expire. The same applies to non-delivery due to incorrect or incomplete address details and telephone numbers.
- Coralaxy promises you the live arrival of ordered animals. Should animals not arrive alive despite all careful precautions, the receipt must be immediately documented and documented by photos. For the photo documentation, the dead animals must be left in the sealed transport bag. The losses and photos must be sent to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours after arrival of the shipped animals. After the 24-hour period has expired, no complaints about dead animals will be accepted.
- Please also accept the shipment if the outer packaging of the goods shows signs of damage. If you refuse to accept the shipment, any claim for dead animals will automatically be forfeited.
(6) If the customer is a consumer, we bear the shipping risk in any case. If the customer is an entrepreneur, all risks and dangers of shipment are transferred to the customer as soon as the goods have been handed over by us to the commissioned logistics partner.
Only the payment methods indicated to the customer during the ordering process are accepted.
§5 Reservation of proprietary rights
The goods remain our property until the purchase price has been paid in full (§§ 158, 449 BGB).
(1) Unless you have agreed otherwise with us, your warranty claims are based on the statutory provisions (§§ 437, 634 BGB).
(2) Complaints and claims for liability for defects can be made at the address given in the imprint.
§ 7 Copyright law
(1) Unless we state otherwise, all images, graphics and texts published on the www.coralaxy.de or www.coralaxy.com website are the intellectual property of Coralaxy and are subject to copyright.
(2) The use, reproduction, editing and distribution of these elements requires our written consent.
§ 8 Miscellaneous
(1) Should one or more points of our Terms and Conditions be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the other points. These are still fully effective.
(2) German law applies. The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods are expressly not applicable.
(3) The place of performance for all services arising from the business relations existing with us as well as the place of jurisdiction is our registered office if you are not a consumer but a merchant, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law. The same shall apply if you do not have a general place of jurisdiction in Germany or the EU or if your place of residence or usual abode is unknown at the time the action is filed. The right to also call upon the court at another legal place of jurisdiction remains unaffected by this.
(4) The text of the contract is not stored by us and is therefore not accessible to you as a customer after the conclusion of the contract through us.
(5) On the Coralaxy website you will find links to third party websites for your additional information. We assume no liability for the contents published on these pages. Should we learn of any infringements of the law, we will immediately remove the corresponding links from our website.